SAIC is seeking a Test Engineer to support the Project Management Office for Aircraft Survivability Equipment (PMO ASE) located in Huntsville, AL.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The candidate will function as an integral member of a team of Government, Military, and Contractor Personnel that provides program, engineering, and technical support to PMO ASE. PMO ASE is an acquisition management organization under the Program Executive Office for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (PEO IEW&S).
- The team provides acquisition management support, program research, engineering, logistics, and technical support for the development and fielding of world class aircraft survivability equipment.
- The candidate will work within PMO ASE supporting Product Offices by applying scientific theory, design experimentation, and engineering principles to the test and evaluation mission supporting Aircraft Survivability Equipment.
- The candidate will serve as a team member in conducting cost estimating, test planning and execution, data acquisition, data analysis, and reporting on assigned flight-test projects.
- The candidate will also operate with other software and system test resources and equipment, support test analysis, system integration (HW/SW), user feedback, and apply basic technical skills to identify and provide solutions to problems discovered during testing to support ASE fielding.
- Aircraft Survivability Equipment testing, including but not limited to, qualitatively and quantitatively assess sensors, jammers, software upgrades, and other aircraft survivability systems.
- Apply practical knowledge to flight testing principles and concepts applicable to the developmental and system qualification testing of DoD aircraft.
- Provide traceability from requirement to technical specifications.
- Lead and execute testing events, develop test plans and procedures for hardware and software testing.
- Assists other engineers in the design and execution of tests, analysis of data, and the reporting & documentation of results including the interpretation of the significance of the findings.
- Bachelors and two (2) years of related experience
- Expertise in Missile Systems, Weapon Systems, Infrared Seeker Systems and Radar Engineering & Analysis; Modeling & Simulation; Testing, and Software Development.
- Must have demonstrated capability to compile, reduce, format, analyze, and present test data.
- Practical test experience in rotary- or fixed-wing aircraft.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must possess an Interim Secret Clearance to start.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.