Job ID: 2117283
Location: ATLANTIC CITY INT'L AIRPORT, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidates will work on SAIC's civil aviation programs supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). As part of a team, the candidate will design and develop software used in simulation labs of aviation systems including Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems, Traffic Flow Management Systems, and conduct simulations with air traffic and weather data. Candidates will develop software for processing data and integrating prototype systems for research and development (R&D) or analysis projects.
Actual job openings and planned job positions include software development of data and user interfaces, and the ability to evaluate system interfaces and functionality. Candidates must have good verbal and written communication skills, be self-managing, and work well in both group and individual assignments.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the design of new software, generate new code, and correct, convert, and/or modify existing code to meet specifications.
• Modify, troubleshoot and enhance functionality and performance of existing software.
• Develop software used for interfacing and testing systems.
LOCATION: SAIC's Southern NJ simulation groups support the FAA's R&D and Test facility in Pomona, NJ. The facility and job location is 14 miles west of Atlantic City, and adjacent to the Atlantic City International Airport. Full-time position, no temporary contract workers. No travel is expected.
(1) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Info Systems
(2) Requires 5 to 11 years' of programming experience
(3) Linux or Unix - minimum 3 years
(4) Candidate must know either OOP: Java or C++
(5) Programming in at least 2 of the following domains:
1. Real-time processing systems, Air Traffic Control/ Air Traffic Management Systems, weather systems
2. Demonstrate a mastery of at least one of these OOP Java or C++.
4. HTML/HTML5, Windows/C# , Scripting languages
The positions involve other topics, some of which will be learned on the job.
It is a Plus but not required to know the following:
● Programming of software interfaces with data conversion, test tools, User interface
● Python, Tcl, bash, sh/tsh, OpenGL
● Data Science
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.