SAIC is hiring a National Security Policy Management and Decision Support Analyst to support the Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support within the Office of the Director of Administration and Management/Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) in the Pentagon.
The OSD has a portfolio of major departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic initiatives/documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reforms.
- Supporting tracking, executing, and reporting on various govenance fora including the Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAG), Deputy’s Workforce Council (DWC) the Climate Working Group (CWG), and the Large Group among others.
- This includes assistance as the primary staffing element of Deputy Secretary-led governance processes; and providing administrative, meeting support, and facilitate, promote, and integrate required analytical support, as appropriate.
- Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership decision making.
- Conducting ad-hoc research and analyzing mission-related issues.
- Interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; and support to briefings and task development.
- Preparation of briefings on findings of significance related to office initiatives/proposals.
- Utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
- Rapidly synthesize complex information for senior leader decision making.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with the Department of Defense with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
- Ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Comfortable with communicating clearly with senior officials and senior staff.
- Familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, governance or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government, military and/or private sector assignments.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Current DoD Interim SECRET clearance or higher.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.