SAIC seeks to hire an experienced Engineering Design and Development (ED&D) Offering Manager to develop sound, repeatable methodologies and offerings supporting new production development / smart product development, for multiple DoD, federal, and civilian customers. This job can be performed remotely anywhere within the U.S.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead technology scouting, develop and own the technical road map and business case efforts for ED&D offerings.
- Develop, Manage and Status the yearly investment budget to implement the ED&D technology roadmap including labor, training, SW, HW and travel costs.
- Manage a team of Digital Engineers to develop and maintain, and provide project management of ED&D Tool Suite as the product owner, owning the overall architecture, feature backlog and prioritization with allocated budgets. This tools suite consists of integration of best in class software tools and processes covering electrical, mechanical, and software development.
- Lead overall ED&D strategy and marketing efforts in collaboration with customer facing organization (Sectors, accounts, and program).
- Support bid and proposal (B&P) capture efforts by leading development of tailored demonstrations of ED&D capabilities tied to specific customer requirements and objectives.
- Support proposal efforts through creation and updates to the ED&D "playbook", describing key processes, key graphics, and detailing features, benefits, and proof points.
- Support new program adoption of ED&D through stand-up, training, and hyper-care. -Lead user support efforts, user group meetings, and collection of needs for ED&D.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and 15 years of experience in design and development of complex systems.
Experience with and technical proficiency in:
- Experience across the entire lifecycle from concept, through requirements, design, simulation, optimization, prototyping, production, test, and fielding/launch.
- Experience with design of smart products (electrical, mechanical, software)
- Familiarity and experience applying Systems Engineering principals to design complex systems.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams of engineers through the design process.
- Proven ability to identify and apply innovations to improve efficiency or performance of the design process.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Prefer experience working with Agile Development
- Prefer experience with Digital Engineering or Model Based Systems Engineering
- Prefer experience with application of Immersive Tech, Extended Reality (XR), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) to the design process
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.