As the O&M Service Delivery Manager: Definition of service level agreements (SLAs) in relation to contracted services, ensuring the SLAs are achieved; service quality and client expectations are met; Effectively monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are followed; Design, build and maintain a stable and efficient infrastructure to optimize service delivery across production, QA, and development environments; Monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and continuously improve building, packaging, and deployment processes; Implement automated infrastructure capabilities like backups, security tools, monitoring; Utilize a consistent DevOps approach to improve all phases of the process and ensure end-to-end quality across functions.
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
- Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance)
- Coordinate the service desk team members in their daily duties of attending to clients who come to make inquiries and facilitate good customer service culture in team members.
- Evaluate and assess service delivery performance metrics and carry out survey on clients to weigh the level of service delivery in the company.
- Keep record of daily operations at the desk for tracking of customer needs, services rendered and future reference.
- Create a mode of operations to be adhered to by team members in order to maintain good routine and orderliness.
- Delegate specific service desk responsibilities to team members to create specialization and increase service delivery pace.
- Review all client complaints, rectify issues and liaise with appropriate departments to handle complex issues in a bid to provide more effective solutions.
- Observe service desk operation techniques to determine how effective they are and implement new techniques when old ones are ineffective.
- Other duties as assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Manages experienced professionals (e.g. engineers, scientists, financial analysts) who exercise discretion and independent judgement performing assignments.
- Often heads one or more sections of a small department.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
- Interprets and administers policies, processes, and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments normally result in serious delays and considerable expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds.
- Interacts frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Interaction typically concerns resolutions of operational and scheduling issues.
- Often plays a key role in cooperative effort among members of a project team made up of representatives from other departments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience; Associate 's Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and four (4) year related experience; Or, High School and four (2) years of related experience with relevant certification.
- 5+ years' experience in an IT support role.
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Clearance required to start - Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.