SAIC has an immediate need for a VTC Tech to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA Headquarter in Washington, DC. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
- Must know all aspects of A/V equipment and related peripherals; basic signal flow; inter-connectivity of A/V equipment and systems; standard software applications; various computer platforms and operating systems; basic network infrastructure; basic electrical safety practices; excellent customer service skills and practices
- Work with lead systems engineer to develop room designs, drawings, and functional interconnection diagrams.
- Install VTC – related AV equipment to include displays (e.g., TVs, projectors, display panels), sound control systems, video codecs, and related components and cabling in accordance with DISA-approved system configurations.
- Configure VTC/AV systems, multimedia devices and peripheral equipment as needed.
- Adhere to component and cable labeling requirements.
- Provide onsite support personnel that will perform general VTC support, audio/video conference bridge, WTC and TEAMS Bridge.
- Perform routine system checks to ensure VTC and other conference room equipment and workstations operate at optimal performance and capacity.
- Patch and firmware upgrades, break/fix support and daily operations and management support, including onsite assistance for special events
- Responsible for managing of VTC and Conference Room systems such as reporting and troubleshooting issues with other Technicians and Integrators.
- Develop and provide training to end users on the various systems in use when not supporting meetings
- Establish wired network connections; integrate web and audio conferencing into meetings; operate complex A/V systems with integrated video conferencing, projection, audio, recording, playback and remote-control devices; establish point-to-point and multi-point video conferences.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve A/V equipment and connectivity issues; lift, transport and assemble A/V equipment; adapt to changes in technology; lift and move equipment.
- Assisting the network administrator(s) in the form of requirements analysis, network application design, implementation, problem investigation and resolution, and network application evaluation.
- Install wide area network (WAN) routers or related equipment
- Act as a property custodian and perform inventory asset management.
- Recording and managing all activities using a ticketing system
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 Years’ experience with A/V or VTC systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Availability to support on call duty for responding to maintenance outages
- Experience with troubleshooting and equipment repair of VTC equipment (Voice, video, and conference room control equipment)
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Previous experience supporting a Government and/or Department of Defense customer.
- Ability to work rotating shifts work (8 hours between 6AM to 6PM, and weekend if needed).
- CISCO VTC and network equipment
- Life Size
- Bright Sign
- Haivision (IPTV)
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust
Desired Certifications / Training:
Travel (if any):
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.