Title: Software Engineer, Sr. (Multiple Roles)
SAIC is seeking Senior-level Software Engineers to fill a variety of technical roles/skillsets on the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts product-level and code-level analysis, and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of VA legacy and modernization tools and systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or COTS/GOTS software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with client objectives.
Required Skills by VA Product Line/Role:
- For the positions within VA’s Financial Management Product Line:
- Financial Management System (FMS):
- Mainframe, JCL, COBOL, SAS, VSAM Analysis, CICS, CA7, - OR -
- OBIEE, Informatica, Weblogic, CA SiteMinder
- For the positions within VA’s Secretary of the VA (SecVA) Product Line:
- General Counsel Laws (GCLAWS)
- Microsoft .Net Framework; Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server; VMware vSphere; Windows Server; Telerik Controls, - OR –
- Microsoft Entity, MicroFocus Fortify Static Code Analyzer, Delphi, - OR –
- SQL, .Net, Microsoft Entity, MicroFocus Fortify Static Code Analyzer
- For the positions within VA’s Human Capital Management (HCM) Product Line:
- Mulesoft, Microsoft .Net, MS SQL Server, automated testing tools
- For the positions within VA’s Acquisitions and Property Management Product Line:
- Veterans Canteen Services (VCS) AIS:
- Oracle Retail Application, Oracle development
- VCS POS, CRMBS, MDM:
- SQL, .Net, Oracle development and database, Red Hat Linux, Weblogic, APIs
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience, - OR –
- Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and very good interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.