A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC), SAIC is searching for Technical Support Analyst to join our team supporting the Department of Defense High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Dayton, OH.
The successful candidate will be member of our Help Desk team and will be responsible for providing timely first and second level support for HPC systems, staff and researchers working to solve DoD’s most critical mission challenges.
Job duties include:
- Reporting, tracking, and resolving or escalating issues as appropriate while providing an exceptional customer experience
- Ensuring a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps
- Interacting with other staff to restore services and/or identify and correct core problems
- Responding to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support
- Providing support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware
- Interacting with network services, software systems, engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identifying and correcting core problems in a timely manner
- Simulating or recreating user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Developing and maintaining scripts for operation use
- Developing and submitting the collection and reporting of metrics on accounts performance for weekly and monthly reporting to SAIC and Government management
Education and Experience:
- AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification.
- Must have a minimum of an interim secret clearance to start on the contract or the full Secret clearance
- Basic experience in Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact and work with a team of highly skilled technical HPC support staff, users, and management
Desired skills (but not required):
- Prior experience having worked in a High Performance Computing environment
- Prior experience with the ServiceNOW Incident Management tool
- Prior service desk or customer facing experience
- Prior Scripting experience
- ITIL cert is a plus but not required
- HDI cert is a plus but not required
- A good understanding of user account provisioning is a plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.