Job ID: 2117107
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with experience in Space and Ground communications systems to join our Chantilly, VA team. The candidate will provide Systems Engineering technical advisory support to a Government program office. An Electrical Engineering degree is desirable. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start.
Day to day responsibilities:
Perform Systems Engineering activities related to Systems Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis.
- Work with Frequency management office to perform interference studies and register systems.
- Provides requirements systems engineering support to Government Program Office Chief Engineer in planning, developing, and monitoring program requirements in the procurement of new systems and services.
- Develop Systems Engineering (SE) work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc. utilizing Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) or similar tools and techniques.
- Perform system integration across multiple space and grounds segments
- Develop technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SysRS)/ Technical Requirements Document (TRD) for system acquisitions
- Prepare program requirements related documentation: Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and System Interface Document
- Conduct requirements functional analysis and allocation
-- Perform requirements traceability from user requirements through contract SysRS
-- Witness end item factory and site testing for customer acceptance
-- Generate Measure of Effectiveness (MOE), Measure of Performance (MOP) for new program acquisitions
-- Perform trade studies as directed by Government customer
-- Analyze Contractor proposed architectures and conceptual designs
- Recommend engineering specifications and standards be placed as program compliance or reference documents in Government procurement contract
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing Contractor formal reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Conduct risk and opportunity management
- Requires broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification).
- Experience in Requirements Traceability Tools (developing logically derived and linked requirements)
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills – Must be able to “Put pen to paper”
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking
-Experience with Spacecraft, ground terminals, antennas, frequency management or other Radio Frequency background desirable
Clearance required to start: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.