The successful candidate for this position will lead business development strategy, customer engagement and opportunity identification and qualification for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), working collaboratively with Business Developers and Capture Managers.
- Develops and establishes relationships between the company, strategic partners and DHS contacts.
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provides the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- Responsible for the maintenance of long-term relationships with DHS contacts to maintain a high level of satisfaction and increase SAIC revenues.
- Serve as the primary interface for all SAIC products and services by ensuring they understand DHS's continuing business needs and align those needs with SAIC capabilities to provide full life-cycle solutions.
- Maintains direct contact with customers before and/or after the sale.
- Supports sales team by developing and maintaining positive customer relations with clients/customers, which can substantially affect service and/or product revenue(s).
- Bachelor's degree and eighteen (18) years or more of IT-related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' Business Development experience with DHS, specifically DHS HQ, ICE, and USCIS.
- Current knowledge of DHS, including existing customer contacts and industry peer relationships.
- Outstanding record of success in leading teams in winning large new business opportunities and improving bid and program profitability, with emphasis on capture strategy and proposal development.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and inter-personal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within SAIC.
- Knowledge of DHS contracting, acquisition trends, customer buying behaviors and industry business development best practicies (e.g., Shipley).
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
Position currently allows remote work but will be required ability to be onsite with customers in the DC/Maryland/VA area as Covid restrictions are adjusted.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $200,001 - $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.