SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Software Test Engineer to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities
for this position include:
- Coordinate with developers and functional analysts to create test plans and test scripts in accordance
- with VA mandated testing documentation standards and templates.
- Coordinate with testing stakeholders and other team participants to plan test events
- Lead and conduct testing in accordance with Master Test Plan specifications that provide tracking,
- monitoring and reporting of results
- Manage and assist staff test events with appropriate resources
- Review and approve test reports
- Monitor and update defect and bug reports in the Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) ( Jira, etc.)
- Must have experience in the coordination and management of test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures and scripts.
- Must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately.
- Must be able to create test reports.
- Must have experience working in an agile environment
- Must have comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments.
- Must have experience in writing or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures.
- Must manage the defect database under the guidance of senior QA engineers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service
- Highly motivated and analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to integrate information from multiple sources to execute effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Must be able to receive a Security Clearance / Public Trust
- Experience working in a SAFe / Agile environment
- Experience working in an Application Life Cycle Management Tool (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- 5+ years of work experience (8+ years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education, if no degree)
- Preferred Skills, Experience, or Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering management or other engineering or technical discipline is required (8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Experience with the X.12 Billing Claims (837 and 277 HL7 standard, etc)
- Experience working with the Department of Veterans' Affairs
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.