SAIC is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join our team to support an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. Security Engineer will provide technical support, process, and solutions necessary for different infrastructure and application projects.
- Design, configure, support, and administer enterprise on-premises and cloud security solutions.
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies that enhances Agencies defense in depth.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommend mitigations or countermeasures.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, integration, and management of existing and emerging infrastructures.
- Provide technical solution necessary to support different security tools integration with other platforms.
- Assist application teams through the Software Development Life Cycle process including security requirement gathering, configuration, and testing.
- Provide troubleshooting support for various security tools and agency applications.
- Escalate and work closely with product vendors to support the technical environment.
- Maintain Security integration documentation. Work with functional team members to update user guides and training materials.
- Collaboration with application development and implementation teams through effective communication.
- Manage Security project timelines, and deliverables and hold stakeholder meetings.
- Support the PM by providing information for status reports, status briefings, schedules, project plans, etc., both in written and oral form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 6-8 years of IT experience in roles with progressive responsibilities.
- Must have at least 3 years of overall experience supporting cloud and on-premises IT platform security solutions.
- Must have at least 2 years of supporting Azure Platforms (Saas, Paas and Iaas) and Azure Security.
- One or more current Security certification (ex. Security+, CISSP)
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work in a matrixed and collaborative environment.
- Requires exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Capacity to gain a thorough knowledge of the relevant specialty area.
- Willing to continuously update personal IT skills and knowledge.
- A solid understanding of IT security tools and concepts and strong threat modeling skills.
- A good working understanding of and technical experience in IT platforms such as Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle etc. are also a plus.
- Working knowledge of current government mandated cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain security measures (NIST 800-53 controls)
- Candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.