SAIC is seeking a PMO Operations Manager to support our Military Intelligence Service and Support (MISS) Program and will report directly to the MISS Program Portfolio Manager.
Note: This PERM role offers permanent work from home/ remote/ virtual with up to 10% travel.
- Provides oversight and guidance on the management of the staffing and onboarding processes, issues/risks, requirements, and customer/client communications on multiple programs and projects.
- Leads a mid-sized team of program analysts, content managers, data analysts, and other support staff and is responsible for defining and maintaining standards for project management and introducing repeatable processes in the execution of programs and projects.
- Coordinates activities with the functional leads and collaborates closely with the various corporate entities and managers in order to provide the most effective support to the TO’s Program Managers.
- Establish and implement a comprehensive PMO Framework for project selection, prioritization, planning, execution, close-out, oversight and governance
- Drive improvements to business process development and maintain knowledge, awareness, and understanding of company policies and procedures, goals, objectives, plans, and strategies
- Collaborate and build bridge with peers to effectively support TO needs and ensure the business is producing the various artifacts and deliverables that the portfolio requires
- Provide project and program management support functions to include maintenance of the PMO Framework, its processes, tools and templates
- Analyze trends in data in order to provide accurate descriptions, identify root causes, and/or identify solutions or improvements
- Provide proactive feedback to direct reports and other team members concerning possible issues or areas of improvement
- Develop and communicate a vision for the function in alignment with overall organizational goals
- Ensure lessons learned activity is executed at the end of every project as an integral part of project close-out
- Assist in the adherence to and definition of standards for project management and processes
- Review and update processes as required to improve efficiency and quality of the PMO
- Facilitate and lead regular team meetings to share project status, initiative, changes in directives or other matter
- Remain accountable for all decisions, actions, and directives with respect to job responsibilities while effectively delegating tasks, aligning them to PMO team member’s strengths or areas or interests, and giving them constructive feedback
- Lead the strategic prioritization of initiatives to improve the PMO framework and guide the PMO team through their implementation
- Assist project and program managers in developing project scope definitions and cost estimates
- Communicate priorities and progress to entire Task Order on a continual basis
- Travel up to 10% possible.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree and eighteen (18) years’ of experience OR Master’s Degree and ten (10) years or more of related experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance.
- 3+ years’ experience operations management
- 2+ years’ experience in a Task Order program management office (PMO) with multiple programs and projects
- 3+ years’ experience MS Project, including creating and managing an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- 1+ years’ experience with process improvement and organizational efficiency
- 3+ years’ experience effectively interacting with senior leaders
- Expert level knowledge and skills with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite products
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks
- Resourceful self-starter with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III or The Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) Senior is a plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.