Job ID: 2116927
Location: AUSTIN, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 24, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC opening for a Senior System Administrator (Linux) with strong knowledge of creating plans to assure effective management, operations and maintenance of systems and or networks. We are looking for someone who has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of Linux systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems. We are considering highly technical individuals who possess leadership skills and a positive attitude.
· Evaluate systems and upgrades for appropriateness.
· Oversee implement system upgrade strategies.
· Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions.
· Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
· Develop and analyze highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
· Responsible for maintaining all server-side Security Certificates to ensure compliance with the FSC's cyber security policy.
· Develop\Document strategies to manage the frequency of installations of the support package releases and patch.
· Research\Document current systems technologies and serve as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures
· Responsible for installing and maintaining the Red Hat Linux 7 and 8 server operating systems and various Linux applications and services such as Apache, TomCat, Kerberos, LDAP, MySQL, Satellite Server, Centrify, Java, Pacemaker, Bash, Python, and Ansible scripting.
· Responsible for supporting Oracle database installations/environment and setting up shared storage.
· Responsible for the security posture and implementing patches of Linux assets during weekly maintenance windows (off-hours).
· Monitor system maintenance and provide technical recommendations for enhancement.
· Thorough understanding and workings of Server protocols including, NTP, SMTP, SFTP, and email routing.
· Provide technical know-how to internal and external personnel on highly complex system administration and installation processes.
· Share knowledge and provide guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Thorough understanding and workings of incident handling protocols, personally identifiable information, Server network procedures, and information handling.
· Coordinate with stakeholders to formulate complex technical solutions. Inform stakeholders of appropriate developments in technical support products.
· Provide immediate response to break-fix of Linux assets base on the FSC's Core Business Systems (to include off-hours).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Redhat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE), or Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC-3) level 3 certified.
· Capable of working under pressure, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
· Experience providing services to the federal government is preferred
· Puppet experience
· Git/Git Hub experience
· PowerShell scripting is highly desirable
· Experience utilizing Ansible and writing Ansible playbooks to handle complex tasks is high desirable.
· Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills are required
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.