JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager with experience supporting waterfall and agile project management methodologies to join our team. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide. As a Senior Project Management professional, the successful candidate will exhibit an extremely high level of ownership and assume full accountability for managing and delivering projects. You should be a master at building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, pro-actively managing risk, and facilitating high performing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, monitor and track milestones and schedules; inclusive of status, dependencies, achievements, and risks/issues
- Organize and conduct escalation, blocker removal, and status meetings
- Uncover, triage, and highlight impediments impacting an on-time project completion
- Prepare content for executive steering committee and quarterly divisional reviews
- Coordinate across project stakeholders and assist with internal and external communication
- Capture and maintain PM documentation
- Capture, track, monitor, and maintain estimates for project labor hours (internal/external)
- Organize and execute agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, demos, retrospectives as relevant to the project delivery methodology
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties throughout project lifecycle.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion.
- Effectively manage project teams’ time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed.
- Where required, negotiate with functional area managers for the allocation of required personnel from within the program.
- Assist and oversee the development of task order responses and cost estimates.
- Contribute to best practices, techniques, and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Accept and assess status reports, change requests, and requirements documentation to ensure smooth project progression.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- PMI Certification as a Project Management Professional an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience in IT Project Management, including all aspects of process development and execution
- 3-5 years of agile project management preferred
- Proven leadership skills; persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Ability to formulate and articulate questions to facilitate a quick understanding of a client's business
- Strong intellectual abilities and rigor balanced with practical sense of what works and what does not
- Strive to lead themselves, their teams, and their communities, and who can foster effective teamwork to drive results
- Strong cost management skills
- Involvement in business development efforts. Experience with the end-to-end RFP process (RFP, Response, Proposal, Client Presentation, SOW and Execution) and understanding of client procurement processes
- Strong knowledge of project management tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, JIRA, Confluence, Azure DevOps, or ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of the IT Operations lifecycle, IT Service Management, and ITIL
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Project Management certifications: Agile, SAFe, LEAN Six Sigma, Prosci, or CBPA
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with end-to-end responsibility of Service Transition projects
- 5-7 years of Portfolio Management Experience
- Experience in Transformation/PMO/EPMO design, process design and re-engineering, capability roadmap development, change management, and end-to-end technology implementations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.