Job ID: 2116912
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 24, 2021
Subcategory: Multimedia Design
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Business Development (BD), Creative Services Team Lead who will support the Health, State & Local, and Federal Financial Business Unit (HSF BU) Agile Response Team (ART) with the conceptual design and production of a wide variety of proposals, graphic art, marketing, and corporate materials. The primary products of the BD ART are Federal proposals, however, other outputs include whitepapers, presentations, printable artifacts (e.g., one pagers, handouts, brochures), press releases, website content, SharePoint pages, videos, illustrations, and brand elements.
· Proposal graphics and business development experience required for this position.
· Lead creative services team with goal of driving consistency across BD products and promote SAIC presence in the Federal Health and Finance Space and with target State & Local Governments
· Create custom, high-impact anchor graphics; help shape win strategy and messaging
· Work with capture managers, solution architects, technical writers, and proposal managers to design and create tailored proposal graphics that illustrate complex themes, processes, and concepts
· Develop sales material, including client-facing presentations, white papers, corporate event/marketing handouts, and capability briefings to strengthen existing client relations and foster new business
· Use critical thinking and analytical abilities to learn and understand complex technical concepts for use in proposal responses to the Government (as opposed to just improving the look and feel of mock-ups that requestors may have designed/submitted)
· Set clear team goals, create an inspiring team environment, delegate tasks, set deadlines, and monitor team performance; establish clear performance goals, motivate team, and support professional growth of individual team members
· Support customer-facing stakeholders with formatting, page layout/desktop publishing, and related business development materials, ensuring brand and template requirements are upheld (e.g., white papers published in InDesign, capability briefings in PowerPoint)
· Lead internal initiatives that further the maturity of BD processes (e.g., create proposal graphic training, publication of web articles, maintain SharePoint site)
· Work with solution architects, technical SMEs, and technical writers to publish website content, create marketing illustrations, and visualize technical thought leadership
· Create and maintain approved templates (e.g., presentations, documents)
· Determine style, technique, and medium best suited to produce desired effects and conform to brand requirements
· Maintain collateral repositories for creative services on SharePoint and Confluence
· Proven work experience as a team lead or supervisor
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with a strong follow-up methodology
· Strong conceptual skills, high style design abilities, layout, and typography skills
· Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills to develop proposal graphics and high-level capture assets
· Proven ability to manage everyday details of small and large projects from inception to completion while focusing on the highest quality result
· Ability to work flexible and extended hours as needed
· Superior attention to detail
· Work well in a team environment; collaboration is key
· Ability to deliver on deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Expert skills with Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and thirteen (13) years or more experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· A demonstrable design portfolio
Selected candidates will be asked to complete a timed graphic design test.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.