Overall Assignment Description:
The CIO-T/TF/TFIC Integration Division, Demand Services Branch requires Systems Admin with Database Administrator experience. Candidate must also have experience working in a cloud-based, DEVOPS environment. The individual will join our Infrastructure Team and be responsible for managing the databases behind our web inventory as well as the databases behind our business analytics tool Matomo (formerly PWIK).
Duties may include:
- Manage the development and document of system: Architectural, Planning, Configuration, Issue Mitigation, Standardization of IT/OPS Processes / Procedures and integration of Best Practices.
- Manage, monitor, maintain, backup, restore and deploy MySQL databases in Amazon Web Services (RDS).
- Responsible for setting up the connections to move data in, out, and in-between data stores.
- Assist in the development of the Business Analytics strategy and framework to include training and guidance relating to the statistical analysis tools included in the Enterprise Business Analytics toolkit.
- Assist with implementation of statistical analysis process improvements of existing Business Analytics customers.
- Facilitate meaningful interaction between NGA and their customers to help them understand statistical analysis results and refine data sets to answer specific business questions.
- Develop strategies for performance metrics to assess Business Analytics maturity level.
- Work with various stakeholders to develop business questions and identify the data necessary to analyze to answer those questions.
- Collaborate across a diverse team of statisticians and data analysts.
- Provide systems administration functions for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Maintain and create cloud compute instances, storage, and other cloud services.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and processes related to these systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all cloud and non-cloud devices within TF’s operation.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provide continual improvement recommendations for engineering and administration of cloud structure, processes, and practices.
- Participate in the architecture development and design of AWS cloud migrations.
- Manage Amazon Web Service Cloud environments leveraging services such as VPC, EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, CloudWatch, IAM, etc.
- Perform daily application updates and maintenance functions.
- Deploy monthly security patches and updates.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or STEM related degree and 7-10 years of work experience in related field.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience with MySQL administration including monitoring, optimization and migration.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience AWS administration including RDS, VPC, EC2, S3.
- Experience with Linux and/or windows server administration.
- Experience supporting systems dependent on administered databases.
- Minimum of 3 years of reporting and communicating system engineering program progress to senior leaders.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using commercial off the shelf (COTS) communication and visualization tools to visualize and communicate complex quantitative information and analysis. Examples include but are not limited to Tableau and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with NGA’s Risk Evaluation Acceleration Management Process (REvAMP) process.
- Demonstrated experience determining estimates for Amazon Web Services (AWS) usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Experience designing, planning and executing use of AWS services for solutions.
- Experience scripting solutions with PowerShell and or Bash.
- Experience with data migration/ETL (Extraction, Transform, Load) to support analytics/reporting systems.
- Experience documenting architectures for systems/solutions/processes.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.