SAIC anticipates a requirement for a Business Manager to support a multiple customer based contract. This includes conducting research, testing, hardware and software development and integration for Science, Engineering & Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Modeling & Simulation, Quantum, Space, and Directed Energy Technologies. The work will primarily take place in Northern Virginia with some travel involved.
Business Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development of strategic, tactical, and operational design and execution of projects with reference to financial support and business operations.
- Organizes, analyzes, and develops financial products to aid development of plans and orders, and answer information requirements.
- Provides to ongoing global operations, emerging situations and planning efforts.
- Contributes in the ongoing collaborative efforts of improving business processes using lean technologies such as Six Sigma and others in order to improve business functions, rules, communication, collaboration, efficiencies, economies of scale, reporting, and archiving.
- Leads the contributions of the Business process analyst.
- Supports TDL business functions as assigned.
- Travel: 20% during COVID; 40% travel after restrictions
Required Education: BS in Engineering or similar related degree. MBA preferred.
Required Clearance: Currently possess and maintain a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI if required.
- Recognized expert possessing a minimum of ten (10) years’ recent experience providing DoD business and acquisition program management similar to the work described in this TO, including work in CONUS and OCONUS, and compliance with industry best practices.
- Requires specific focus on DOD 5000.2, lifecycle and acquisition management, with proven experience of business and financial government processes to include POM, FYDP, and DoD funding models.
- Proven experience and understanding of execution for multiple customers and/or clients.
- Experience in both service and performance based delivery as well as product delivery under quality metric specifications.
- Requires experience using Microsoft Project based WBS's and IMS's.
Desired Experience: It is desired that the Business Manager also possess the following:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience supporting ACAT I and or ACAT II acquisitions i.e., CJSC 3170, DoD 5000.02, DoD 5000.80, Technology/Manufacturing Readiness Level assessments, Verification and Validation procedures such as DT, FDTE, LUT, OT, FOT; Fielding initiatives such as RFI, NET, NEF; Threat Assessments, STAR; Training Assessments STRAP; Final disposition planning such as DRMO, SLEP, FMS)
- DAU Level III Preferred
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.