- Performs day-to-day activities required to manage data services, such as network design, implementation, and management, to include troubleshooting of complex network issues.
- Performs technical project assignments to include assessing and resolving issues related to system design, system architecture conceptualization, computer software development, data analysis, report preparations and presentations, and implementation planning.
- Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff, to include technical and administrative direction.
- Gathering customer network & infrastructure data and diagrams, leveraging expertise in recommending baseline monitoring thresholds, recommending performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs, and providing monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations
- Employing expertise in network and Infrastructure fault & performance monitoring tool alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis in a monitoring tool
- Experience managing enterprise monitoring solutions like CA Spectrum, UIM (preferred) and/or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Solarwinds, Microfocus Operations Manager, Network Node Manager etc.
- Establish, configure, manage and optimize applications and tools for monitoring management
- Experience with creating technical documentation
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience in successful efforts involving any combination of application performance management (APM), systems performance management (SPM), and network performance management (NPM) design and implementation, systems analysis and design, system feasibility studies, systems integration, data conversion and implementation support, database planning and design, programming, and network services.
- Must have a good understanding of monitoring architecture, topologies, Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices, and Application/Infrastructure monitoring best practices.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.