SAIC has an opening for a Principal Solutions Architect to support the National Security and Space Sector (NSSS), a fast-growing, dynamic $2.7B line organization.
In this role, you will serve as the technical lead for executing the relevant activities within the solutioning process in support of Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams. You will provide technical expertise in areas of Software, Analytics, Agile, DEVSECOPS, DataOps, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Statistical knowledge, Computer Science and/or AI/ML.
Responsiblities include the following:
- Identifying, tailoring and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, hot buttons, pain points and requirements to help shape acquisitions, competitively position SAIC and contribute to winning proposals.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of customer requirements
- Lead the development of a complete and highest-rated technical solution and price competitive proposal
- Identify technical resource needs to support Pre-B&P and B&P activities
- Coordinate with technical leadership and technical contributors on solution development, proposal writing, and estimating
- Lead and contribute to proposal as author and reviewer
- Support capture by presenting SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions
- Participate in development of solutions to problems of unusually complex which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation
- Collaborate with technical business units to craft unique solutions to respond to customer challenges that may also serve precedent for future opportunities and decisions.
Required Planning Solution and Proposal Support:
- Lead solution blueprint / discovery sessions and prepares technical approaches (people, process and tools) to meet customer requirements including integrating the solutions of analogous technical functions; such as systems engineering, cybersecurity, software development, data analytics, cloud computing, and enterprise IT
- Recommend industry best practices that align to federal acquisition policies including each DoD service
- Evaluate and recommend technical solutions to meet client needs
- Define and document business processes, data maps, solution design and workflow and logical processes to meet objectives; design, develop and refine complex graphics
- Identify levels of effort for a given contract bid, assess internal capabilities, identify gaps, and work with teams to interview, onboard, and coach teaming partners to ensure a seamless, integrated solution
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Possession of domain certifications (e.g., ITIL, AWS, CISSP)
- Demonstrated expertise providing innovative solutions in any of the following: Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, DataOps Analytics, AI/ML
- Extensive proposal experience leading or supporting technical solution development
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
- Demonstrate knowledge of Python and R Data Science libraries and frameworks
- Demonstrated thought leadership in cloud computing architecture and technology
- Previous experience supporting DoD or the Intelligence community
- Experience with multi-cloud architectures, containerization, service based architectures, and hybrid IT
- Understanding of technology methodologies, best practices, delivery models or frameworks relevant to individuals domain area expertise
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically solution evangelizing and RFP management
- Experience design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Experience in pre-sales engineering or solutions architecture for technology/software sales
- Experience developing solutions that exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms including SaaS PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation
- Knowledge of Data Science COTS tools such as Dataiku, Tableau, Alteryx, H2O AI
- Knowledge of Data Science open source tools such as Tpot,
- Be up to date with Industry jargon on Data Science, (Difference between AIOPS, MLOPS, DataOps)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $165,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.