SAIC opening for a Business Process Analyst will be required
- Analyze, design, document and help implement operations support processes for EDI services and systems
- Provide support to identify and translate system requirements into application development design documentation
- Work with application owners, developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand and document the business logic and process flows to be able to provide sustainment for applications
- Assist in collection and documentation of information as input to standard operating procedures.
- Formulate process improvements resulting from support issues, with the aim of minimizing recurring support.
- Liaise with leads to coordinate process improvement project activities
- Perform gap analysis against Contract SLAs/KPIs and work closely with the Electronic Commerce EDI team to identify `as-is' and to-be processes by collecting data and information across several departments.
- Create and deliver training of all processes
- Perform value added analysis, collect and provide metrics
- Help create and distribute reports.
- Perform process analysis and recommend best practices.
- Execute tasks/projects to implement best practices for EDI support services
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and production validation testing
- Identify opportunities to enhance processes
- Create process plans that contain project goals, milestones, and resources
- Work with maintaining SharePoint site for the team
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Consult on processes based on ITIL and other best practices
- Research best practices and new and methods for efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree in information systems/Technology, or other analytical or business discipline preferred.
- 5 years' experience working as a BA.
- (8-years of relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- 2 years' experience working in an EDI environment.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Momentum
- Ability to create queries.
- Strong knowledge of business modeling terminology
- Strong knowledge of Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Experience in business process designs and facilitation
- Ability to perform administrative functions relative to EDI operating procedures.
- Strong experience in supply chain business analysis and EDI transaction sets
- Some PowerBI experience will be helpful.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow
- Knowledge of escalation hierarchy (Tier II, Tier III etc.)
- Ability to work with internal and external EDI customers and business units regarding business needs and requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong experience with MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Visio
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience providing services to the federal government and/or the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs is preferred
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.