Job ID: 2116568
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer (Tier III) to support CENTCOM at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL.
The Cybersecurity Engineer (Tier III) will lead/support a team of cyber system and network engineers to successfully deliver significant infrastructure change in a large-scale enterprise environment. This position requires the use of collaborative leadership skills to influence others, with or without direct authority, and to unite groups with diverse perspectives in order to bring teams to consensus/alignment.
The ideal candidate should be experienced with the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) and mission. Must have strong networking and cybersecurity skills and knowledge. Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours (nights/weekends), when required. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, be a team player, willing to work challenging assignments and tasks concerning Cyber Security, Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense policy, procedures and guidance; must be willing to travel, on occasion, throughout the AOR (which includes Afghanistan, Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar, and other Southwest Asia nations). Must be a proactive, self-starter with excellent written/verbal communication skills. Candidate will have an eye for detail, and a systematic working style with the ability to work cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organizational structure. Must be self-confident with strength in leading people.
• This position requires both broad and deep working knowledge of technologies used in system and network engineering design and maintenance.
• Provide overall enterprise cyber systems and infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
• Manage cyber systems, tools, applications and infrastructures for operational networks, of multiple security classification levels.
• Perform analyses on networks to discover and document the baseline.
• Support planning and execution of cyber system and infrastructure installations and hardware upgrades.
• Perform engineering trouble shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
• Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution on a wide range of technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Proxies, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), cloud security and other security applications.
• Use network analysis tools (SolarWinds, Wireshark, Stealthwatch, etc.).
• Provide advanced technical analyses of cyber infrastructure challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to customer needs.
• Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of cybersecurity assessments and analyses.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of 802.1X technologies, primarily Cisco Identity Services.
• Ability to work projects and task independently without supervision.
•Concurrently manage the infrastructure build-out on multiple initiatives.
•Responsible for assembling or supporting project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting interim deadlines of project.
•Mentor new hires through on boarding process and assists with project management tools, templates and processes.
•Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives.
•Manage compliance with all IT governance standards through approved tools, templates, policies, procedures and process leanings.
· F5 Experience
· Experience with ASA Firewalls
· CCNA-Security Certification
· CCNP Certification
· Cloud Experience
· Linux System Administration Experience is highly preferred
· Windows System Administration Experience
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.