SAIC is seeking a Senior Cloud Native Software Engineer to work remotely anywhere within the U.S.
- Leads key cloud native initiatives, including end to end designing and deploying cloud native products and SAIC solutions
- Strong qualifications with Cloud Native Application Development in AWS and/or Azure
- Effectively communicate between developers, architects, managers, and end users
- Create a repository/library of cloud native blueprints and capabilities
- Experiment with cloud native, serverless tools and advise on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the use case
- Develop and implement patterns to leverage cloud-computing resources to deploy/ optimize data engineering solutions on digital assets
- Develop and implement DevOps pipelines in AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Use advanced programming skills in serverless (AWS Lambda, Azure Functions), AWS managed PaaS Services such as RDS, ECS, EKS, and Dynamo DB to build software solutions/services and dynamic systems
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for frequently used designs
- Act as a mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice, apply systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader product development
- Use in-depth knowledge on cloud native architectures, design patterns, blueprints and experience designing & developing software applications using polyglot architectures and everything-as-a-code paradigm
- U.S. Citizenship is required with ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed
- Bachelors degree in engineering and nine (9) years or more in related experience. Masters degree in engineering and seen (7) years or more in related experience. In lieu of a degree, equivalent experience will be considered
- Five (5) or more years of experience as Computer Programmer, Application Developer
- Minimum four (4) years of experience related to DevOps
- At least four (4) years’ experience working with cloud based solutions, various open source based frameworks, tools and recognizing their weaknesses
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Strong Analytic and Problem Solving abilities and a strong work ethic with a "can do" attitude
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP), Linux, automation tools (DevOps, Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD)
- Experience building docker images and deploying them in a Container Management Platforms such as Kubernetes and/or AWS EKS, Azure AKS, and GCP GKE
- Must also have experience working with bash shell scripts, ARM templates / Cloud Formation / Terraform automation
- Experience with a variety of Database technologies: RDBMS, NoSQL, Search, Data Lakes, Time Series, and GraphDB etc.
- Two (2) or more years of experience developing Graph QL/APIs and publishing them Experience utilizing API Gateway for publishing and consuming APIs in the enterprise
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Experience utilizing streaming data-specifically Kafka producers and consumers
- Experience with Java Frameworks, UI/UX Design
- Experience Developing streaming data applications
- AWS/Azure/GCP Developer Certifications
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.