Job ID: 2116631
Location: LAS VEGAS, NV, United States
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2022
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, and systems engineering & integration, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
We seek a Chief Cybersecurity Engineer to join a leadership team on a program responsible for requirement analysis, architecture, design, engineering, integration, implementation, optimization, documentation and sustainment of core elements in support of NNSA. The Chief Engineer will serve as the principle technical advisor and subject matter expert for System Categorization, Security Controls Selection, Security Controls Implementation, Security Controls Assessment, and Authorization to Operate (ATO) for approved Cyber Security Tools. Must have demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and teams. The Chief Engineer shall: Support the Project Management Office (PMO) and provide expertise in the engineering design, development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detect when prevention fails. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness and the discipline to complete projects. The Chief Engineer applies highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts to present and future system requirements. The Chief engineer needs the skill set, soft skills and leadership qualities that result in being viewed as subject matter expert in the field of cyber security engineering by peers, managers and client stakeholders.
This position collaborates with senior management to recommend, review and establish strategic plans and objectives. The Chief engineer also:
· Understands the fundamentals of layered defense and zero trust technologies and processes.
· Understands the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation.
· Has specialized knowledge in computer network theory and understand IT standards
· Is an expert in many Cyber Security Tools and their architectures, including but not limited to, the OSI model and the methods of exploiting those standards.
· Has surveyed most areas of cybersecurity tools and technology and can discuss most at or above a moderate or better skill level.
· Is familiar with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities, including but not limited to, web content filters, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, HBSS, SIEM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
This opportunity is contingent upon award.
- Active TS/SCI or Q Security Clearance
-Must be US Citizen
- Minimum of 18 years of progressive enterprise engineering and management experience. Experience may be offset by a graduate level degree in related field. Masters plus 16 years’ experience, or Doctorate plus 14 years’ experience.
- Requires current CISSP certification
PMP certification with 5+ years of verifiable PMP experience (e.g., project definition, risk management/reporting, project scheduling/tracking)
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.