SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Engineer/Integrator to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of USG Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
The Space Systems Engineer/Integrator supports a USG System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for engineering and integration of small satellite (smallsat) systems development and acquisition. As an individual contributor and integral team member, the Space Systems Engineer/Integrator works with high-performing systems engineers and acquisition specialists applying lifecycle systems engineering, integration, and test practices to deliver new and innovative smallsat systems. Specifically, the Space Systems Engineer/Integrator will serve onsite with USG and other contractor personnel delivering Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) expertise to include the following functions:
- Analyze IC problems to design experimental missions that demonstrate hypothetical solutions.
- Develop mission concepts in terms of hypotheses, experiments, goals, and objectives.
- Provide technical review and advisory support on feasibility, development, acquisition, and operation of innovative technologies for future architectures, systems, capabilities, and performance.
- Integrate across multiple projects to ensure balanced and unified USG customer portfolio organized around future objective enterprise architecture and strategic vision.
- Define acquisition strategies and project plans, project life cycle plans, and associated schedules.
- Craft mission, programmatic, and technical requirements. Validate acquisition, source selection, contract, finance, and security plans meet these requirements.
- Identify, track, and resolve life cycle risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Create integration, verification, validation, and test strategies and plans.
- Define mission assurance strategies and plans. Capture and document lessons learned.
- Develop operational and system architecture views to support SEIT analysis and assessment.
- Write technical performance measurement plans and conduct performance assessments. Develop Measures of Effectiveness, Measures of Performance, Key Performance Parameters, and Technical Performance Measures to help quantify project and mission success.
- Ensure end-to-end Integration & Closure (I&C) of projects to cost, schedule, and performance expectations throughout entire project life cycle from concept development to end of mission.
- Support continuous improvement of SEIT capability for USG customer advanced R&D enterprise.
- Active TS/SCI with/Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 9 years of relevant experience or 7 years with Masters.
- High quality writing skills. Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- High work ethic to produce quality deliverables in a timely manner based on USG request.
- Basic knowledge in application of SEIT methods to satellite, launch, and ground systems.
- Basic knowledge of acquisition and source selection policies and processes of USG.
- Quality communication skills supporting written reports, group discussion, and oral briefings.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and achieve consensus in an effective and timely manner.
- Proficiency in applying SEIT methods to satellite, launch, and ground systems.
- Proficient knowledge of acquisition and source selection policies and processes of USG.
- Familiarity with IC mission, organizations, disciplines, systems, and processes.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.