SAIC is supporting the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate (S3I) in continuation of the Improved Data Modem (IDM) sustainment and development and we are looking for Senior Test Integration Engineer. The IDM is a communication device for the Army rotorcraft digital fleet. It is an Airworthy hardware and software system. The S3I is supporting software sustainment for fielded IDM systems and an update to transition to the Aviation Mission Common Server multi-core implementation of the IDM Software Application (ISA). A Senior Test Integration Engineer is needed to support complete software lifecycle development and sustainment activities for the AMCS Operational Environment (OE). This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In-depth experience with test harness and test environment setup
- Workable understanding of test hardware and software infrastructure to facilitate test automation
- Applied knowledge on Computer Network and communication protocols including TCP, UDP and Multicast protocols
- Strong applied knowledge on real-time, embedded hardware software integration
- Support complete software development lifecycle for testing software running on the AMCS Multicore Operating Environment
- Perform Systems and Software Integration and Test
- Produce software test artifacts for inclusion in an STP and STD sufficient to support airworthiness certification
- Knowledge of software development processes and documentation
- Analyze system, software, and hardware specifications and interface documents to support software development activities
- Assist in the architecture, design and modeling of the IDM software
- Provide leadership for interdisciplinary teams as required for design, documentation, implementation and test of incremental functional capabilities
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and ten (10) years or more of related experience; years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Embedded Software development using Modern C++
- Familiarity with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Microsoft Visual Studio
- Hands-on experience developing and testing software in an embedded product setting
- Knowledge of Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS): Embedded Linux or Green Hills Integrity 178B is highly desired
- Experience in developing and testing software for distributed systems
- Experience in API programming for test library development to streamline testing effort
- Demonstrated experience developing requirement-based testing
- Ability to work independently to meet customer deadline
- Hands-on Experience with tools, such as, Subversion, GIT, JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Ability to work from DOORS for requirements and test case traceability
- Proficient in MS Office
- Growth mindset and strong desire to continually learn and contribute
- Less than 10% Travel should be expected
- Must possess an active secret clearance
- Prior knowledge of IDM system or software
- Test infrastructure development
- Knowledge of defense systems and communication protocols: MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-6017, MIL-STD-188-220, MIL-STD-2045-47001 a plus
- Knowledge of Airworthiness Guideline: DO-178C
- Shell Programming: Perl and Bash scripts
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.