SAIC is looking for a Linux Administrator to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a Remote / Work from Home position. Description of Duties:
- Under general direction, performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
- Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E).
- Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution.
- Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order.
- May be required to serve as Task Leader.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Task Leader position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience. 4 additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Technical experience administering Linux in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience in applications software development for complex business applications using Agile Development methodology and techniques are desirable.
- Experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Meet the IAT-II qualifications as outlined in DoD 8570-01.M for base line certification (i.e. Security+).
- Must be able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ certification that is enrolled into the CompTIA Continuing Education program before start date Secondary certification relevant to the computing environment - Red Hat Certification will be required for this position.
- Requisite computing environment certification within 6 months of assignment.
- Must sign privileged level access agreement
- Team player, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self- disciplined and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation.
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow.
- Extensive Shell scripting experience is required
- Clearance Requirement: Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract and SAIC will assist the qualified candidate with the processing of the interim clearance.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.