SAIC is seeking a candidate to work as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Specialist in the Huntsville, AL area to support foreign material exploitation efforts against guided missiles at locations in the United States and around the world.
- Disassembling a wide range of guided missiles, including surface-to-surface, surface-to-air, and anti-tank guided missiles
- Reassembling guided missiles for live-fire-testing and support of testing on firing ranges
- Modifying energetic subsystems of guided missiles including rocket motors, warheads, thermal batteries, and solid propellant gas generators for testing and supporting those tests on the firing range
- Developing and continuously updating all written procedures concerning the handling, disassembly, and reassembly of foreign guided missiles
- Researching all available material, classified and unclassified, in customer possession and open source, in order to formulate the safest and most complete plans and procedures for handling, disassembly, reassembly. and modification for testing of foreign guided missiles and energetic sub-systems
- Interpretation of X-rays of guided missiles and their components to determine hazards related to handling and disassembly as well as information related to construction and function
- Handling guided missiles and related explosive components by hand and with material handling equipment such as forklifts and overhead cranes
- Identifying and evaluating explosive hazards, including those encountered in the field (during recovery operations), during the exploitation process and in support of testing and customer explosive storage operations
- Developing remote procedures for performing extra-hazardous disassembly operations, including use of an EOD Remote Explosive Manipulation System
- Operating explosive analyzers and interpretating results
- Utilizing fiber-optic viewers and tools
- Supporting general handling, packaging, and marking of hazardous material
- Assisting in defining new methods and procedures to meet recently published regulations on the handling and storage of hazardous material (munitions)
- Assisting in the inventory of foreign munitions assets/equipment and operating a database program to organize and track all explosive assets.
- Traveling to locations in the United States and around the world, at customer request, up to 35% of the time
- The candidate must be a graduate of the Naval School, Explosive Ordnance Disposal and possess a Master EOD rating.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and must possess an active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of service in explosive ordnance disposal
- Must be qualified by Department of Defense, Department of the Army, and local safety standards and have up to date certifications
- Must have a demonstrated ability to conduct a wide variety of EOD operations.
- Must be able to wear all required protective equipment including helmets, body armor, protective masks, and nuclear, biological, chemical protective gear, missile fuel handling coveralls and up to Level A hazardous material protective ensemble.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office products
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to clearly articulate and communicate via email and phone calls
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Able to work independently and efficiently with deadlines
- Licensed or experienced in operating forklifts, overhead cranes, mobile cranes, and other material handling equipment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.