SAIC is looking to hire an Engineering Technician IV to support the US Navy in Bedford, IN.
- Create and modify detailed models and drawings using primarily Solid Edge and/or SolidWorks
- Create and update Technical Data Packages; being familiar with ASME standards, GD&T, Technical Data Packages, and military drawing standards
- Work closely with engineers, senior technicians, drafters, and customer to initiate and capture designs, and to document installation of machines and electronic equipment including associated wiring into Tactical Systems
- Support system testing including transportability, environmental factors, software verification, and functional verification testing
- Apply mechanical skills while referencing technical data packages, drawings, and/or schematics to support prototyping/production of systems and troubleshoot, log, and annotate issues with components.
- Utilize Workcard Instructions for integration of hardware equipment and components
- Perform a variety of moderate and complex tasks and uses tools to include calipers, gage tools, tape measures and other mechanical devices to aid in design development and verification / validation of first article pieces. Experience using various hand and power tools is required for assembly of system
High school/GED and five (5) years of related experience or Associates and three (3) years’ experience.
- Strong electronic and mechanical skills including using calipers, gage tools, tape measure, other various hand tools and power tools
- Ability to create and modify drawings using primarily Solid Edge and/or Solidworks
- Must be able to communicate while exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Dependability, initiative, and ability to solve problems
- Familiar with military processes and procedures
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience with CREO, NX, and/or Autocad
Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance; must be an US Citizen.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.