Job ID: 2116509
Location: BOSTON, MA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Site Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is hiring a Regional Tier 2 / Deskside Support Technician to support HHS in Boston, MA
• The Regional Tier 2 / Deskside Support Technician will provide ongoing support to executives and employees across the enterprise for our customer end user staff in customer locations around Boston, MA. The scope of support activities required includes Deskside End User Support, IT Asset Management (ITAM) support (to surplus old equipment), Network Printer support, Surface Hub Support, plus Smarthands LAN Closet Support for users in your assigned region.
• In this role you will be a key member of the Tier 2 / Deskside Support Team that resolves, tracks, and manages escalated technical problems within ServiceNow as requested via phone, email and internet chat. As necessary you will also contribute to the knowledge base by creating or updating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions and work on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems across HHS sites.
• Active Directory account management implementation and administration
• M365 use and/or administration
• Install, connect to the network, and maintain all computer hardware including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, data collection devices, and telephones
• Install and maintain computer software on users’ devices such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Antivirus, and Malware protection
• Conduct user training on approved software and hardware
• Provide incident response and client response coordination for hardware and other IT Operations related outages
• Contribute to continual service improvement by assisting with Standard Operations Procedures creation, maintenance and compliance
• Perform routine IT system administration, including health checks and supporting incident resolution
• Perform asset inventory support by identifying and labeling IT equipment according to documented standards, updating inventory control systems to document changes, and sanitizing obsolete equipment prior to surplussing.
• On occasion, may perform off-hours maintenance and deployments for system releases and/or provide 24x7 support to maintain service availability for VIP users.
• As ownership of problems from any administrator, follow path of escalated contacts to insure the problems are resolved in timely and effective ways to the satisfaction of the administrator.
• Support root-cause analysis on escalated issues as required.
• Create documentation to assist other departments with further analysis of technical issues.
• Create Knowledge Base Documents to assist Level 1 in resolving repetitive issues.
• Provide occasional off-hours on-site support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs.
Required Skills and Experience:
• H.S. Diploma and 5+ years of relevant experience and advanced knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 10), PC and network hardware or an Associates and 3+ years of experience.
• Must have solid end user troubleshooting skills. Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role. Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with ServiceNow incident management
• Advanced knowledge of network printing environments
• A+, Net+ certifications
• HDI Certification(s)
Some travel will be required to other sites in driving distance of the regional headquarters being supported.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.