Job ID: 2115667
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC's National Security and Space Sector (NSSS) is seeking a Space Communications Systems Engineer to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of USG Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
The Space Communications Systems Engineer supports the USG System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of communications systems development and acquisitions that advance the customer space resiliency posture. The Space Communications Systems Engineer is an individual contributor and member of a team of high-performing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that work to support the Government through lifecycle systems engineering and management processes to deliver desired capabilities and meet overall program objectives. Specifically, the Space Communications Engineer will serve as onsite Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) with responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, RF Communications, or a related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 9 years of related experience or at least 7 years of related experience with a master’s degree.
• Knowledge of how space communications systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested.
• Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications, MATLAB, and communications link budget modeling software.
• Understanding Information Assurance RF processes and requirements.
• Familiarity with cryptographic systems and equipment.
• Master’s degree in electrical engineering, RF Communications, or a related technical discipline.
• Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph.
• Demonstrated understanding of intelligence mission.
• Basic knowledge of intelligence organizations, disciplines, systems, and processes.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.