SAIC is seeking a CBRN Proficiency Program Coordinator with an active Secret Clearance to support the CBRN Response Team (CRT) of the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
The CBRN Response Team (CRT) provides the Pentagon Reservation and other National Capital Region (NCR) Department of Defense facilities with a highly trained response force to quickly evaluate suspected and real Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear threats to determine the nature, scope, and extent of the threat in order to provide life safety actions, mitigate the threat, render safe operations, and criminal investigative actions.
This response force must be trained and equipped to quickly and conclusively determine the extent of the contamination or threat to help guide consequence management and building protective measures.
- Providing Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) technical support and proficiency management, including instruction.
- Serving as the CBRNE Proficiency Program Coordinator in working with the prime contractor and end user in delivering required support.
- Providing instruction to the CRT on various topics associated with CBRN and all hazard emergency responses.
- Assisting the government in the implementation and maintenance of a standardized methodology to assess and validate the employee competencies that are unique to the CRT’s mission.
- Preparing and delivering Training Support Packages (TSP) to the government. TSP’s consist of a training product for each piece of CRT equipment and technology utilized by the CRT. The TSP is a training document that will allow CRT personnel to conduct self-guided or team training on the proper operation and maintenance of a particular piece of equipment or technology. The package will include a PowerPoint presentation, course outline, knowledge/skills checklist, and evaluation materials.
- The current CRT duty hours are Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 5:30PM
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience planning, developing, and providing instruction in the various aspects of CBRNE response with a Bachelor’s Degree. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the field of CBRN and Hazmat response.
- Proven experience in the development and coordination of routine training products including training and evaluation outlines, schedules, calendars, and meeting facilitation. This may also include coordination with representatives from other first responder agencies and commercial training vendors.
- Demonstrated level of expertise/instruction and hold any/all applicable certificates necessary to instruct in that area and must be an experienced facilitator.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Meets the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1041 Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications Instructor III or similar.
- Experience working with and training Civil Support Teams (CSTs) and Chemical Biological Incident Response Forces (CBIRF).
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead and/or manage both individuals and teams.
- Experience working with various US Government organizations
- Experience as an Incident Commander
- Background in chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear (CBRN) systems
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current Department of Defense SECRET clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.