SAIC is seeking a Senior VMware Engineer in Alexandria (Kingstowne), VA to support the Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic.
Note: The role offers 2-3 days a week work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home with 1-2 days onsite at the customer.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and support an Enterprise Virtual Environment hosting over 2000 Virtual Machine
- Work as part of Virtualization Engineering team to convert requirements into solutions based on IT standards and usage guidelines.
- Develop plans for deploying and administering virtual machines, images and Virtual Apps
- Modify base guest images for deployment within a Virtual environment
- Configure and manage virtual guests using vCenter Orchestrator
- Troubleshoot and resolve ESXi and VDI issues by providing tier 2/3 incident ticket support
- Assist in managing the VMware NSX virtual networking and security environment
- Collaborate with various IT Teams to ensure best practices are followed and the appropriate support models are established prior to operational transition
- Active Secret Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5+ years equivalent work experience
- VCAP6.5-DCV Design – VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization Design and/or VCDX6-DCV – VMware Certified Design Expert 6 – Data Center Virtualization
- Microsoft MCP (MCSA or Higher)
- Certification: equivalent to the CND-SP certification cited in the DoD 8570.01-M such as Security +, A+ CE, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, Cloud+ and CCISO.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting VMWare vSphere, VMWare Virtual Desktop Products, NETAPP Storage Solutions, Teradici Management Software, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience must include VMWare vSphere 6.5 or later, VMWare Horizon 7.X or later, and Hyper-V on Microsoft Server 2016 or later
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting VMWare vROP and related Dashboards.
- Knowledge in conducting performance analysis for both the ESX host and their guests in the areas of CPU, Memory and I/O utilization.
- Demonstrated experience in a Systems Administration role (Microsoft, Linux and VMware)
- Experience working with SAN technologies, i.e., iSCSI, Fiber Channel and FCoIP
- Experience with VMWare Site Recovery Manager
- Experience with Cisco UCS, Dell VxRail
- Experience with Vmware VSAN
- Strong customer relations, documentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to define and articulate the “big picture” long-term vision for the associated technologies, and develop short term plans to achieve it
- Ability to analyze information from multiple sources for complex problem resolution
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing major tasks by overall impact to the customer
- Self-Motivated, strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- A passion for learning about, and working in the IT industry
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.