We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Technical Writer to join our team in Sterling, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
In this role you will research, write, edit and proofread technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and engineering specifications. Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style. May participate in the establishment of style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
Develop and provide updated end user training materials, based on Standard Operating Procedures provided by CBP, for ITI solutions where needed and for the ITI and CBP Help Desks. Materials will include process flow, hardware description, software functionality, troubleshooting suggestions, general equipment maintenance, and procedures on calling the CBP Help Desk. Develop Help Desk scripts that include the use of hardware and software general operation and maintenance. Develop a guide that addresses the process that Field Technology Officers (FTO) follow to reimage a device to add software and how to get the licenses removed/updated and other technical support documentation.
Provide Proposal review, editing and final revision document for delivery to CBP. Provide same for ITI Program Deliverable documentation for PMO and Engineering.
Work with team members to assist in the editing and updating any ITI documentation and reports as required by team members during the base contract.
• Edited Technical documentation for the ITI program.
• Edited Proposal documentation for the ITI program.
• Edited ITI Deliverables by stated contract due date.
• Created and edited training documentation.
• Create, track, and/or record installation deliverables and documentation.
• Created and edited Operations and Maintenance manuals.
• Developed End User Documentation: Power point presentation, Instructor Guide, Participant Guide and a Quick Reference Guide.
• Updated End User Documentation: Power point presentation, Instructor Guide, Participant Guide and a Quick Reference Guide as required.
• Help Desk scripts for use of solutions and equipment.
• Guide for FTOs to follow for reimaging a device and other technical support documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, communication technology or equivalent blend of education and experience.
• Review and edit all ITI Systems and Engineering technical documentation required to meet CBP’s SELC process.
• Review and edit all ITI contract deliverables and plans as required by specified due dates.
• Assist in the setup and maintenance of the ITI Sharepoint site and user guidelines.
• Create, update, review and edit training materials for all WHTI, LBI and ITI solutions, including any new solutions.
• Create, update, review and edit Operations and Maintenance manuals for new ITI solutions.
• Production and/or editing of technical documents.
• Ability to consolidate technical inputs and analyses, and produce a logical understandable document.
• Must understand and perform content management functions such as document organization SharePoint and other central stores for documentation
• Experience shall include document editing, structure and logic flow for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be skilled in the Microsoft Office suite of products including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Accuracy in grammar, spelling, math, calculation, computation
• Timeliness in terms of deliverable deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Delivery mindset
Minimum Clearance Required – Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.