SAIC is seeking a Simulation Engineer for Civil Military Programs. The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. The successful candidate provides subject matter expertise and technical support in joint simulations, core IT systems, exercise design, architecture, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems, issue coordination/resolution, event tests development, and event execution.
- Coordinates with technical planners and engineers to design simulation and Common Operational Picture (COP) technical architectures and solutions to include cross-domain solutions (CDS).
- Constructs and maintains all computer models (or simulation) and C4I software and systems. Performs technical duties to modify and manipulate terrain data files and imports and adjust databases to meet scenario requirements and training audience training objectives.
- Performs systems engineering and IT administration functions during technical tests (EFT, EOT) and ECG Training and CPX execution.
- Archives M&S data and performs Information Assurance (IA) functions to sanitize systems before pack-out of deployed events.
- Coordinates closely with stakeholder organizations supporting exercises requiring deployed systems to include performing system tests, generating equipment plans, and packaging equipment for deployment.
- Tests and validates simulation solutions during the design and planning stages to ensure the solution works during event execution.
- Team work:
- Builds event plans, products and works well with others to accomplish exercise or war gaming objectives.
- Shares best practices, expertise and SOPs, and builds a team environment to enable the organization and team to resolve challenges, conflicts, and problems.
- Leads efforts and is a positive force within the J32 and event support environment.
- Forms working groups and teams during event support (planning and execution)
- Facilitates stakeholder cross-walks, synthetic environment requirements and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success.
- Engaging stakeholders, planners, and SMEs in all phases of the JELC.
- Performs duties so that customers can show up at events and immediately work on systems that the simulation engineer has set up.
- Professionally, promptly addresses questions, problems, and issues while keeping the team and leadership informed of the situation and any insights learned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience supporting distributed simulation environments; 4 additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years’ experience developing integration and execution plans, SOPs, system diagrams, and other technical documentation
- Must have experience developing BOMs, HW/SW specs, and the ability to build deployable software images
- Must have experience building simulation and C4I systems for use during wargames, exercises, and technical events
- Successful candidates will have experience with hands-on installation of network components, including switches and cabling.
- Must possess relevant experience leveraging and integrating databases, terrain, maps, and other products required to support large-scale training exercises.
- Must have knowledge and experience performing tests during set up for, EFT, EOT, and ECG Training to ensure proper operations at STARTEX.
- Must be able to establishes proper connections between simulation systems and C4I systems
- Collaborates with other SMEs to document and provide all information required for configurations, network, and proper operations across the ECG and TA SMEs
- Must be able to work with a diverse team of engineers, IT professionals, and operators.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Clearance Requirement: SECRET clearance required with ability to obtain a TOP SECRET / SCI clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.