SAIC is looking for an early career Software Engineer to support our EAST 2 team at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA on the Center Automation Team. The Center Automation Team leverages the ServiceNow platform to develop custom portal applications to meet the business needs of NASA. These custom applications combine Platform UI tables and forms with end user facing Service Portals and widgets to meet specific process requirements and maintain a modern and seamless user experience.
- Develop, configure, and test customer software applications to meet the requirements
- Develop scoped applications’ back-end interface including tables, forms, ACLs, Business Rules, and script includes
- Develop scoped applications’ front-end interface including service portal pages and custom widgets
- Analyze, design and develop tests
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems, applications, and platforms
- Support various application development initiatives
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement - Work alongside team members to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Assist with user requirements and design
- Provide regular reporting to Project/Task Managers
- Excellent at verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with minimal supervision while demonstrating initiative and vision
- Maintain proficiency in software as a service (SaaS) platforms, i.e., ServiceNow
- Developing business focused software applications – both front-end and back-end
- Familiarity with software testing and developing test checklists
- Ability to interface with customers to clarify requirements
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity in utilizing software version control system (ie. GIT)
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team leveraging collaboration tools
- Familiarity with Microsoft TEAMS
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.