Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS Sector has an opening for an artificial intelligence engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems. The explosion of data and complexity of problems facing our customer requires an innovative approach which SAIC is leading through the application of new technology and techniques. As an artificial intelligence engineer you will work on real world problems related to cybersecurity, infrastructure and constellation protection, network information and transport usage and many others.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and mission partner stakeholders
- Analyzing and executing technical solutions in support of high value asset indications and warning, resiliency, defense, and cyber protection
- Identifying required system analysis for the definition, allocation, assessment, and prediction of system performance requirements and capabilities
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinating them across the affected organizations
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Manage the Request for Change (RFC) process as it relates to updating requirement baselines
- Developing project-level schedule content for analysis and assessment
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
Qualifications – External
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (computer science, computer engineering, science, technical, engineering, math) or including specialization in an Al-related field of study, or related job experience, with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proven experience in planning / use / understanding of multiple types of AI (Reactive, Limited Memory, Theory of Mind, and Self-Aware)
- Significant experience working with data wrangling, and analyzing large and diverse datasets and expertise with at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java or Scala
- Proven skills related to machine learning and artificial intelligence to include assessment of model effectiveness, predictive analytics, explainability and bias
- Proven experience with one or more of the following: computational linguistics, computer vision, or natural language processing
- Experience with cloud-based environments such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience visualizing multi-dimensional data using tools such as Tableau, Kibana, neo4j, ggplot2, Plotly, matplotlib, or D3.js.
- Experience with databases technologies (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Neo4j)
- Experience in the preparation of comprehensive written reports, presentations, and charts based on research, collection, and analysis of data
- Direct experience building machine learning solutions
- Strong desire to gain or apply experience in the application of machine learning, data mining, and statistical algorithms for development of autonomous systems and predictive models
- Proven experience with large acquisition systems engineering efforts, methods, and processes
- Proven experience in requirements development and definition activities to include stakeholder engagement and customer needs elicitation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Advanced degree in STEM (computer science, computer engineering, science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Familiarity with popular machine learning software libraries (e.g. Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, OpenAI Gym) and current algorithms
- Broad background in Machine Learning technologies, including reinforcement learning, deep learning, computer vision and knowledge graphs
- Experience with business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, AWS QuickSight, Looker, or Qlik
- Hands-on experience with the development of AI-enhanced decision system prototypes
- Innovative, strong work ethic, able to think critically, and able to take initiative and work both independently and within a team
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.