Title: Release Train Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Release Train Engineer to support the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART) using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
- Establish and communicate the calendars for Product Line (PL) Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning events
- Facilitate the PI planning event
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics; where necessary Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on staffing and resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineers
- Work with Product Line Management, Product Owners/PMs, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the practices associated with DevSecOps and Release-on-Demand in the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle; Work with and support the UX Lead
- Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt working sessions; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
Some portions of these responsibilities: © Scaled Agile, Inc.
- Skillsets must include mastery/certification in the following key areas:
- Agile, Kanban, Scrum, and SAFe
- Project and Program Management
- Demonstrated RTE experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects, including legacy, COTS/GOTS, and modernization
- Experience leading and coordinating multiple teams in a fast-paced, complex technology environment
- Ability to easily build new relationships and proactively establish a variety of contacts across the client’s and our own internal organization
- Ability to work in/with multi-disciplinary teams
- Broad range of program/project management and leadership skills required
- Proven ability to balance multiple, concurrent/parallel activities
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile delivery environment
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience
- RTE experience within value streams at the product/product line/program/portfolio levels
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- A highly-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal skills
- A work ethic and technical knowledge that inspires others to aspire to, with the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines across multiple product lines in a large portfolio
- Government contract delivery experience in an Agile delivery environment
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent – REQUIRED.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification or equivalent - DESIRED.
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4) certification or equivalent - REQUIRED.
- SAFe Certified Release Train Engineer certification or equivalent - DESIRED.
- Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Professional or equivalent – DESIRED.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.