SAIC is seeking a Citrix Remote Access Engineer to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Occasional off-hour, weekend and holiday support may be required during scheduled and un-scheduled events.
Description of Duties:
- Performs onsite engineering technical support for Microsoft Server 2012 R2/2016, Citrix Workspace version 1912, VMware ESX 6.0+, firewall/enterprise networks, and Active Directory integration.
- Supports Citrix Workspace version 1912 servers and application technology infrastructure, design, implementation, management, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Develops monitoring rules and application solutions for operation teams.
- Performs system maintenance (e.g., patching), and troubleshooting, traffic and performance analysis per resource engineering group and assignment.
- Adds or modifies infrastructure with scripts, programmatic enhancements and upgrades.
- Designs and documents new and existing infrastructure changes.
- Assists with configuration of similar production and lab environments and notifies lab management when production system changes.
- Executes engineering and operational plans and revises as appropriate.
- Communicates the status of all projects to client, senior technical engineering lead, or project manager.
- Support system re-design, enhancements and/or upgrades to existing production Remote Access (Citrix) systems
- Support test and deployment of new enterprise-wide remote access systems/solutions
- Test and deploy new remote access capabilities that meet the current and expanding needs for the Department; performs research, development, and testing in a lab environment prior to transitioning a product to production environment.
- Works with application developers to deploy Department-specific applications for remote access use.
- Collaborates with Engineering Team on future remote access strategies and design enhancements.
- Engages vendors for advanced troubleshooting and recommendations for system enhancements
- Provides technical input and presents recommendations and solutions to contractor and government staff.
- Supports escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Operational staff to troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents and/or service requests; performs advanced technical analysis and troubleshooting
- Document system changes and participate in change control meetings
- Creates, updates and maintains SOPs, A&A, system design/architecture documents, system build guides, technical drawings and schematics, training material, and test plans; engages the quality assurance and training team to ensure documents/training material align with MRA standards
Required Education, Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Bachelors and 9 years of related experience; may accept additional experience in leiu of degree.
- Citrix Workspace 1912 and Version 7.x, Citrix NetScaler, VMware
- Strong familiarity with PowerShell, GPO, Windows image creation, AD structure
Desired Experience,Skills, Attributes
- ITIL, CISSP, Citrix, RSA, and/or GIAC Certification
- MS Server 2016
- MS SCCM
- MCSE and or MCITP
- DOD 8570 Security +
- MSCP highly desired
- Interim Secret to start work and must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.