SAIC is seeking a Drafter/CAD Operator to support the US Navy in Bedford, IN.
- Draft work manually or using a computer, requiring knowledge and skill in drafting methods, procedures, and techniques, prepares drawings of structures, facilities, land profiles, water systems, mechanical and electrical equipment, pipelines, duck systems, and similar equipment, systems, and assemblies
- Drawings are used to communicate engineering ideas, design, and information
- Prepare complete sets of complex drawings or computer models that include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings
- Use mathematical formulas to draw land contours or to compute weights, center of gravity, load capacities, dimensions, quantities of material, etc.
- Work from sketches, computer models, and verbal information supplied by an engineer, architect, or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments
- Select required information from computer programs, and internet sites, precedents, manufacturers' catalogs, and technical guides
- Prepare complete sets of drawings of test equipment to be manufactured from layouts, models, or sketches
- This person would be able to quickly complete tasking independently and as a team member, with detailed or general instruction
- Possessing attention to detail; able to generate detailed design deliverables from sketches, drawings, or verbal instruction
- Ability to apply ASME Y14 standards including the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances to complete technical design packages
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS/GED and 5 years’ experience; OR Associates degree and 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Must be able to learn Configuration Management and be able to follow DoD Standard Operating Procedures and use DoD Sharepoint and file servers where drawings are managed
- Must be able to start with pdf files of drawings and create 3D drawings, with experience in SolidEdge, SolidWorks, CREO or other 3D drawing software
- Ideal if candidate can redraw drawings from pdf files into 3D SolidEdge drawings and also be able to work in Solid Works
- If candidate knows CREO this will add to resource pool as well
- Preferred experience with 3D SolidEdge, Solid Works or a similar program
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance; can start with no clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.