*** Hiring bonus available for qualified candidates ***
SAIC is looking for a Seinor Systems Engineer Test and Evlauation in San Diego, CA.
Engineer will support PEO C4I Programs and Projects and has an active Top Secret / SCI clearance to start work. The candidate will act in multiple roles as Tester, including technical support liaison. The candidate will also provide support to Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) for rapid software development of PEO C4I systems.
Job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Develop, design, and execute operational test as well as the analysis of test data after operational test is complete.
- Support statistical analysis using performance specifications and other requirements/acquisition documentation.
- Test and Evaluation event support including Developmental Test (DT) and Maintenance Demonstration (M-DEMO) events at contractor sites, as well as Operational Test (OT).
- Understand and be able to develop a master Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC) test strategy and associated implementation efforts which help drive information systems into the next generation, improving the user experience across the Navy and Marine Corps METOC warfighting community.
- Understand and be able to execute a test strategy, ensuring all Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) are executed correctly with objectives and thresholds results observed and recorded.
- Collaborate with system Lead Engineers across the NAVWAR/PEO C4I community of interest in drafting Engineering Change Requests (ECR) for review and approval at the Platform Technical Review Board (PTRB).
- Execute various levels of tests and evaluate risk, providing risk mitigation and action plans to executive leadership that may impact project goals and/or objectives.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in drafting various types of test documentation, such as; test charter, master test plan, test objectives, test procedures, user guide, system installation guide, system administration guide and standard operational verification test procedures for peer review and signature.
- Understand the requirements to execute multiple test events on a variety of networks within the Navy and Marine Corps that include ONE-Net, ISNS, CANES, TACLAN, TACMobile, and MCEN.
- Considered a SME in executing the Adaptive Acquisition Framework/Software Acquisition Pathway (AAF/SWP) test strategy.
- Understand the relationship between Commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Forces (COMOPTEVFOR), Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC), and OPNAV, on how the coordination between those organizations apply to Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Integration Test and Evaluation (IT&E), Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E) and Follow-on Test and Evaluation (FOT&E).
- Understand how the Trade Agreement Act of 1979 limits various hardware from connecting to various networks.
- Understand and be proficient in completing the Service Request Form (SRF), Operational Survey (OPS Survey) and Test Readiness Review (TRR) in order to enter into a NAVWAR test event.
- Understand the relationship with an automated test framework and the objective quality evidence to support T&E objectives.
Required Education & Experience: TS/SCI. Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and 4 years related experience.
- 5+ years' experience as a Test Engineer, or COMOPTEVFOR Test and Evaluation (T&E) experience, and related statistical analysis experience. Understand data collection plans and data analysis, systems engineering concepts and related systems engineering processes.
- Knowledge of DOD/ U.S. Navy acquisition documents and COMOPTEVFOR publications.
- T&E Level I certified and a member in good standing with the DAU DAWIA T&E Community of Interest.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to operate both independently and without direct supervision and in a collaborative software development lab environment
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, US Navy C-ISR systems and CONOPS
- Prior Military (Navy) experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.