Has working at NASA a dream since you touched your 1st computer? Now is your chance to join the SAIC Cyber team supporting NASA's Goddard NASCOM Mission Network Security Team as we secure and defend the worldwide NASA Mission Network. The role of Cyber Security Engineer is a hands-on technical position joining a seasoned and diverse team of cyber security professionals.
- Respond to security incidents including gathering, analyzing and presenting forensic evidence for cyber malware and intrusions.
- Perform data analytics seeking, identifying and confirming cyber threats, risks and vulnerabilities to the network environment.
- Support the development and deployment of agency-wide cyber security projects and initiatives into the network environment.
- Perform risk analysis of proposed capabilities resulting in specific technical recommendations for improving security and/or mitigating cyber risk.
- Briefing technical and non-technical management on cyber issues, threats, vulnerabilities and risk reduction strategies.
- Ideal candidate must be able to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise.
- Candidate must have strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives.
- Cyber intrusion detection, incident response or forensic analysis experience.
- Solid understanding of certificates, application and network encryption, computer network protocols including TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, HTTP, SMTP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, and VOIP.
- Linux and Windows system administration experience.
- Working knowledge of information security issues, trends and leading practices.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Coding/Scripting experience e.g. Perl, Bash, VB Script, Python, etc.
- Experience working with networking and security tools such as Tenable Security Center, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, ELK, Intella and Metasploit.
- Experience with VMware Hypervisor and related tools.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, CEH, GCIH, GCFA or CSIH.
- A self-starter, performing tasks with minimal supervision but working effectively with immediate and cross-functional team members.
- Highly effective communicator (both verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational, detail, multi-tasking and time management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 5 or more years of hands-on working experience in cyber intrusion detection, system administration or network administration.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.