Title: Software Testing Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Software Testing Engineer to support the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
- Develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Develops test schedule and testing approach.
- Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walkthrough on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads.
- Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures, and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Follows established client testing guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Works under general direction of the Test Team Lead on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
Required Skills by VA Product Line/Role:
- For VA’s Human Capital Management Product Line:
- Testing on database platforms such as Microsoft SQL or Oracle
- Testing applications written in/on languages/platforms such as .Net, Java, C#, HTML
- Creating test cases and test scripts
- Experience interpreting functional and technical requirements
- Experience with defect identification and resolution
- Experience with common testing tools and software such as MicroFocus, Eggplant, and/or SmartBear
- Experience preparing for and conducting user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Project coordination, stakeholder engagement, and release management skills/experience a plus
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience, - OR –
- Masters degree
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Solid work ethic and technical knowledge, with the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.