Title: Business Solutions Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Business Solutions Engineer to support the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
- Participates in all COTS/GOTS/custom software development phases (i.e., requirements, analysis, design, develop, test) to support the software implementation of these solutions and other business systems, both legacy support and modernization enhancement efforts.
- Adheres to the agreed-upon software development methodology
- Collaborates with technical team members and client stakeholders to improve the clients’ business processes through the use of data integration and process improvement by leveraging the products’ standard software configuration and developing custom enhancements when necessary.
- Works within the established client software development framework
- Works closely with the client to provide guidance, functional and technical experience, and will incorporate knowledge of a client’s processes to deliver scalable design specifications that will satisfy a client’s business requirements and needs.
- With the use of proven development standards and enterprise engineering methodologies, develops the documented design and will test the solution to ensure software changes do not negatively affect the existing software environment.
- Frequently uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives, and establishes goals to meet those outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by the supervisor/lead to measure meeting of objectives.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Works independently under general guidance and direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments from lead/supervisor.
- Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy, and accuracy.
- Exercises sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action(s) to undertake.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific programs, projects, and products
Required Skills by VA Product Line/Role:
- May be assigned in the above role across any one or more of the four VA Corporate Product Lines (PLs - Financial, SecVA, Acquisitions and Property Mgmt, Human Capital Mgmt) individually or in parallel, full-time (for one PL) or spread across part-time (more than one PL) as needed throughout the life of the contract
- Skillsets encompass the following key areas at a minimum:
- Agile, Kanban, Scrum, and SAFe
- Functional requirements identification, gathering, and documenting
- Technical requirements identification, gathering, and documenting
- Business process analysis and improvement
- Functional and Technical design
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience, - OR –
- Masters degree
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- A highly-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal skills
- A strong work ethic and technical knowledge, with the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.