SAIC is looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Defense & Civilian Sector in support of the Federal Aviation Administration Integrated Service Center (FAA ISC). SAIC leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service, and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support.
As the Tier 1 Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for the overall performance and management of the Tier 1 Helpdesk. Working within the Service Desk Team, you will supervise the day-to-day activities of Tier 1 Helpdesk Supervisors, Tier 1 Leads, and Tier 1 Technicians who are responsible for responding user requests by phone, email, and the online portal.
This role is remote, but would require the candidate to be onsite occasionally.
- Responsible for overall performance and management of the Tier 1 helpdesk call center.
- Manage Tier 1 staff including supervisors, team leads, and technicians.
- Support achievement of Service Center SLAs.
- Contribute customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews,
- Design, recommend, and implement production and quality initiatives.
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, establishing and communicating service metrics, monitoring and analyzing results, and implementing changes.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined objectives and policies.
- Communicate with other departments, senior management, functional peer groups, technical staff and customers to ensure satisfactory customer support and gain cooperation.
- Responsible for maintaining and following detailed operational procedures ensuring contract terms are met, and will continuously improve quality of service delivery and provide value added customer service.
- Perform full range of managerial duties for employees supervised, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling and employee development.
- Ensure quality standards for Service Desk Incidents including accuracy of problem description, troubleshooting, resolution, etc.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years’ experience as a manager or supervisor of an IT Help Desk.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain HDI Service Center Manager and ITIL certifications.
- Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Experience in oversight and management of Service Desk technicians; preferably with personnel located in multiple locations.
- Must have the ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports. Interact daily with staff and/or functional peer groups and customers.
- Familiar with standard corporate security policies.
- Must have strong leadership, analytical, and reasoning skills as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills and be well versed in the Service Desk environment to include managing SLAs.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel Service Desk metrics and the ability to motivate and lead a team that can meet set goals and objectives is a must.
- Must possess the ability to gather, interpret and present operational metrics to determine trends affecting performance goals.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.