A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC) is searching for a Senior Cybersecurity Specialist to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) located at the Air Force Research Center (AFRL) Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OH.
The successful candidate will support the DSRC Information System Security Manager as the Senior local DSRC Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) responsible for the delivery, management and continuous process improvement of operational security information systems by providing Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) engineering and analysis.
- Performs security assessments of systems and technology to determine deviation from acceptable configurations, policy or procedures using HBSS, ACAS, SCAP, IAVMs, DISA STIGs.
- Implementation and management of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Develop, review and update Approval to Operate (ATO) packages using eMASS.
- Establish procedures & processes to ensure tracking and mitigation of risks.
- Perform analysis to validate established security requirements and recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Ensuring systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan.
- Provide oversight and guidance of patching and validation of security related updates including IAVAs, IAVBs and TAs.
- Ensuring that users have the requisite security training, clearances, authorization, and need-to-know and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting privileged access to the IS.
- Ensuring vulnerability scanning, resolution and management is tracked to completion or mitigation.
- Promoting awareness of security issues among management and team.
- Developing and implementing training to ensure the systems, network and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to security policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and reporting the training status and requirements to support the DSRC mission.
- Developing and presenting technical briefings, reports, articles, and presentations to the DSRC user community and HPC security community
- Representing the DSRC at meetings on technical matters relating to IA, networks, and use of advanced computational systems.
- High School diploma and nine (9) years or more experience; OR Associates and seven (7); OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years;
- Must have a Top Secret Security Clearance
- IAM Level II or IAT Level III certification
- Prior RMF experience
- Ability to conduct independent analysis using governance and instruction to identify solutions and ways forward
- Experience with Nessus, SCAP Compliance Checker, STIGs, hardening systems and applying IA controls
- Experience using eMASS, POA&Ms, HBSS, Nessus, Tanium and ACAS
- Experience working on DoD programs in a senior IA security role
- Organizational skills to prioritize work in a dynamic work environment and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team, and leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Familiarity with DoD system security accreditation processes and tools
- Windows system Administration background
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.