Job ID: 2115721
Location: VANDENBERG SFB, CA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
Combined Force Space Component Command Operations Staff Analyst
SAIC is seeking a national security space operations subject matter expert (SME) to support the Combined Force Space Component Command (CFSCC) located at Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA (VSFB). The TS-cleared and most qualified candidate will have an exciting and important role joining a small team of experts providing operational-level advice to Command Leaders, and supporting the development of military space operations plans and policies. This team helps to ensure unity-of-effort in space operations support to theater warfighters, US government and civil agencies, and commercial and foreign partners.
In support of this Space Command warfighting organization, this role will routinely interface with HQ United States Space Command (USSPACECOM), other USSPACECOM Components, Combatant Commands, assigned and attached subordinate units, Civil and Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, and others as necessary to facilitate the JFSCC standup into initial operational capability and execution of missions and tasks.
Technical support includes, but is not limited to, the following areas: Space Situational Awareness (SSA) sharing information, Space Domain Awareness (SDA), technical studies and analyses; operations concept development; operations planning and support; evaluation of operations procedures, capabilities and requirements; validation and verification activities; and program administrative, security, documentation, and presentation support. The contractor will attend appropriate planning and development forums and technical interchange meetings to further understand the background and basis for developing technical analyses.
· Plan, analyze and assess Command and Control, SDA, SSA sharing and space control concepts, architectures, plans, policies, doctrine, and requirements
· Provide analytical and administrative support to, and/or products and documents for, combined/joint space operations planning consistent with Joint Publication 5.0, Joint Planning
· Analyze technical capabilities, mission objectives, and available resources to develop strategies, policy and guidance, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), alternatives and recommended solutions to achieve and/or optimize specific desired space operations goals and objectives to ensure JFSCC operations are positioned to support and anticipate end user needs (i.e. doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leadership and education, personnel and facilities)
· Review, analyze, coordinate, recommend revisions to, and draft coordination of, space operations documents including Directives, Instructions, CONOPS, Agreements, Requirements, and other documents as required and provide knowledge management support for JFSCC operations and staff data, etc.
· Provide analysis of potential impacts to the JFSCC missions and corresponding operations center operations including global sensor issues, space events and US and foreign space policy impacts
· Support resolution of anomalous events and USG or international policy changes that impact space operations
· Provide administrative and analytical support for the conduct of Commander Priorities, Readiness, Operations and other Assessments including analyzing and recommending revisions to ensure alignment with applicable orders/missions
· Provide analytical and administrative support at technical meetings to accomplish task requirements including working groups such as Lessons Learned and Rules of Engagement
Education, Training and Certifications
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.