SAIC is looking for a Software Developer (Intermediate) to to support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command and C2 Maneuver systems. This position is based out of Lawton, OK. Some telework could be considered for this role, but you will need to live in the local area to come on-site as needed.
Description and Duties:
- You will provide primary technical support to the Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS) and/or the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems (AFATDS).
- You will design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications.
- Work with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
- Develop tools and interfaces. Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Set operational specifications, formulate, and analyze software requirements.
- Design embedded systems software. Key tasks include sprint development and execution support; SW development (code/unit test); unit integration and test.
- You must present a willingness to learn, work on legacy software and be able to work independently.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
- 4 (four) years of related experience, additional applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements.
- Experience with: Windows Development, JAVA, ADA, or C++ Software Languages.
- A US citizen clearable to a Secret classification level.
- Must be fully vaccinated prior to 8 December 2021.
- An advanced degree.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems.
- Certificate/encryption knowledge.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) process.
- Experience with AGILE development and Atlassian tools.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.