This is a Maintenance section position in support of the Department of State (DOS) Vanguard Program, servicing IRM/FO/ITI/LWS/DSB/MNT. The Maintenance Team Lead is responsible for the overall operation and performance of the maintenance section. This includes providing a full range of corrective measure for defective Information and Communications Technology (ICT) equipment (i.e. Digital, Radio, Telephone, and Wi-Fi), lifecycle maintenance support services, and excess ICT equipment disposition.
Description of Duties:
- Supervise Maintenance Team members
- Establish and develop all Maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with DOS policies and procedures
- Provide weekly accomplishment report and monthly metrics
- Submit purchase requests and year-end purchase wishlist for Maintenance section
- Review all documents requiring Government Official’s approval for completeness and accuracy prior to submission
- Provide resource management and shift resources as required.
- Analysis ICT equipment failures and provide results to Government official
- Route IT Service requests to correct program office as required
- Manage organization’s IT REMEDY Service requests. Actively track requests that exceed two weeks with no progress for follow up actions or determinations
- Serve as the primary interface point of contact with Government official on technical recommendation, approval, and remediation issues
- Draft post specific Digital/Radio/Telephone equipment disposition instructions telegram using SMART, defining instructions in accordance with DOS policies and procedures, and submit to Government Official for approval
- Process and maintain adequate inventory of spare equipment and/or parts utilizing post excessed ICT equipment when practical for equipment reutilization
- Provide 100% physical accountability of digital and telephone equipment owned by the Maintenance section and Foreign Post Telephone Branch.
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in remediation support for Digital Information Processing equipment, Foreign Post Telephone equipment, Land-Mobile Radio equipment, and Wi-Fi equipment and coordinate with requesting post for equipment return for repair or destruction
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in ITC equipment warranty validation and perform warranty or out-of-warranty coordination with the vendors for repair
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in quality assurance testing on both vendor warranty repaired equipment and out-of-warranty maintenance shop repaired equipment, prior to redeployment.
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in shipments to be delivered to post.
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in defective out-of-warranty ICT equipment through the Maintenance Shop for repair
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in and maintain TEMPEST equipment repair activity report performed by the vendor, post, or maintenance technician.
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in troubleshooting support to digital information processing equipment to resolve reported issues using manufacturer manuals and/or the support of vendor’s troubleshooting instructions via telephone or email
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in ICT equipment decommissioning and disposal in accordance with DOS policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance team’s performance in in-house storage media sanitization in accordance with DOS policies and procedures
- Perform other maintenance related duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience
- STEM degree and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; May accept additional experience in lieu of degree with additional IT certifications.
- Experience with ICT equipment maintenance, testing, and configuration
- Experience developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Experience with high level problem solving to find solutions to difficult technical problems
- Knowledge of networking and telecommunication equipment
- Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems
- Supervisory experience
- Attention to details and strong organization skills
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills with cognitive situational awareness
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Ability to learn and implement DOS policies and procedures
- Ability to track equipment repair progress and maintain up-to-date status
- Ability to multi task in a high paced environment
- Must hold an active SECRET clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.