Job ID: 2115619
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is on a mission to expand our work related to climate risk and resilience with a focus on improving mitigation and adaptation to a changing climate. To accomplish this we are looking for an experienced business development and marketing individual who has the talent to advance SAIC’s goals to address society’s challenges and support government’s role in finding solutions and apply science and technology to better understand our climate for the protection of life and property. This position is a full time business development (BD) and strategist sales role. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Federal Civilian Executive Team and Federal Civilian and DOD Account Managers (AM) to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for BD strategy, planning and execution for opportunities and BD activities identified and aligned with the SAIC Climate Enterprise. The selected candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage an opportunity pipeline, including business development, opportunity identification and qualification, associated reviews and client management through opportunity close.
The successful candidate understands the missions of the respective agencies and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs and challenges. This role effectively encompasses two primary areas of responsibility, Account Strategy and Business Development. The candidate is responsible for leading Target Agency /Customer strategic planning and positioning with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes, capture management, proposal development and management, subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities. Find and assess opportunities to eliminate or move forward through SAIC’s Pre-Award process so an opportunity is included in SAIC’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity.
Primary responsibilities are all Account Strategy and Business Development activities including market assessment, opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining pursue no pursue decisions as well as partner and collaborator opportunities. Account Strategy and Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead throughout the market and competitive assessment, qualification, capture, and proposal processes to include all aspects in developing the company’s win strategy. This position is a senior level business development and management position and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity. Account Strategy and Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC’s Momentum areas to our client base. Momentum areas include Space Systems; Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions; Network Engineering; Information Technology Modernization and Solutions including Software Integration, Managed IT services, Hardware Integration, Cyber, Cloud & Data Sciences; and New Market Initiatives.
Market analysis, competitive analysis, and strategic business planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete capture that will lead to the award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC. This position requires the candidate to engage with existing programs to understand current execution and identify improvement opportunities. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, grants, cooperative agreements, and performance based contracting are required.
• Bachelor’s degree and 17+ years of relevant experience or a high school education and 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• It is preferred to have BD development experience in weather, climate, natural disasters and/or environmental science • The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
• He/she must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
• A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems contract awards with values over $50M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is required.
• Ability to manage fast turn mid-size deals and also experienced capturing $200M+ deals.
• Ability to identify and qualify select opportunities and initiate call plans 18-24 months ahead to shape outcomes.
• Five years of related and recent federal business development experience is required.
• Past experience working with agencies such as NOAA, NASA, EPA, USDA, USGS and/or DOT, including existing, multi-level customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry-out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.